As Christian leaders engage today’s culture, we need to understand the changing world around us. Engaging these changes in ways that edify the church and winsomely seek after the lost requires cultural intelligence. In this episode, hosts Ed and Daniel are joined by Dr. Darrell Bock to discuss:
- The current state of the culture wars
- How Christians can effectively engage our culture
- How to engage difficult conversations
- Preaching and teaching in a culturally relevant way
Dr. Darrell Bock
- Senior research professor of New Testament and executive director for cultural engagement at Dallas Theological Seminary
- He has authored or edited over 30 books, including Jesus According to Scripture: Restoring the Portrait from the Gospels, Jesus in Context: Background Readings for Gospel Study, Studying the Historical Jesus: A Guide to Sources and Methods, Jesus the Messiah: Tracking the Promises, and more.
- Darrell is a graduate of the University of Texas (B.A.), Dallas Theological Seminary (Th.M.), and the University of Aberdeen (Ph.D.).
- Serves on the board at Wheaton College